Luqaimat is a well- known dessert in the Emirates. It looks so much like Pakora, an Indian dumpling, which is quoted with any syrup.
It looks so mouthwatering and the texture is so smooth and the softness of the bread and the sweetness of the syrup with a crunchy texture to it because of the Sesame Seeds.
You must definitely try it or maybe you can bring the authentic taste to your home by following this recipe:-
All-purpose Flour- 3 cups
1 1/2 teaspoon of Dry Yeast
2 teaspoon of Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
1 teaspoon of Saffron
2 Cups of Warm Water
Sunflower Oil for deep frying
Honey for Syrup or any other syrup you like.
How to Make:-
- Put the Saffron and Cardamom Powder in the warm water and keep it aside.
- Filter the flour with the salt.
- Now add sugar and yeast to the warm water for 5 mins.
- Now add the warm water mixture to the flour and stir.
- While stirring it, put yeast alongside until the batter looks a bit thicker.
- Leave the batter aside until it grows double its size. Put it for half an hour or more than that until it gets soft and puffy.
- Heat Oil in the pan and take ball small size teaspoon of the batter and put it slightly onto the oil.
- Now make dumplings.
- When they turn light brown, take it out and dry it to remove excess oil with the help of tissue or kitchen paper.
- Pour Honey Syrup or any other syrup you like onto it and some sesame seeds for crunch.
Absolutely eat dessert first. The thing that you want to do the most, do that.