Nasi goreng, literally meaning “fried rice” in both the Malay and Indonesian languages. Here is the recipe of nasi goreng which you can easily make at home.
1 Tbsp oil
2 Small onions
1 tbsp shrimp paste
2 tbsp chilli paste
1 pound boneless chicken
2 cups cooked rice
2 tbsp kecap manis
salt as per your taste
- Take a pan, put 2 tbsp oil and swirl around the pan, when oil is fully heated
- Then add onions and garlic and cook until its softened.
- after that add shrimp paste, chilli paste and chicken then cook for 15 to 20 min.
- Add the cooked rice then
- Lastly, Add kecap manis and salt
- Toss the rice gently
- our nasi goreng is ready, transfer to serving plate and top with a fried egg, fried shallots, and sliced cucumbers. Serve hot.